OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD
TOWN OF HALIFAX, VERMONT
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA – APPROVED
July 5th, 2023
6:00 PM AT THE HALIFAX TOWN OFFICE
CALL TO ORDER
Pete Silverberg called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM on July 5th 2023. Selectboard Members present were Edee Edwards, Tristan Roberts, Karen Christofferson and Peter Silverberg. Others present in person or remotely were Alison Crossley and Stephan Chait, Mike Fournier, and David Jones.
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
– Add Green Mountain Power petition
APPROVAL PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
- June 17 Special Meeting
- Edee makes motion with changes. Pete seconds. Passed 4-0.
- June 20 Regular Meeting
- Edee makes motion to approve minutes with changes. Pete seconds. Passed 4-0.
- June 28 Special Meeting
- Karen makes motion to approve minutes. Pete seconds. Passed 4-0.
- Discuss Preliminary Monitoring Plan (Pete)
- Discussion regarding plan edits – nothing decided.
- Saladino needs to be contacted to discuss how to maintain landfill cap
- Mini MERP grant (Tristan)
- Halifax has won mini MERP grant $4,000 apart from Town Garage roof repairs
- Energy coordinator has been engaged to discuss by Tristan Roberts
- Flood resilient communities fund – July 31
- Tristan researched projects for fund requirements and could not find project match previous year
- Selectboard has decided not to pursue due to lack of projects and community champion
- Heating Oil & Diesel pre-buy
- Selectboard agree to pre-buy heating oil & diesel
- Alison to put out Request for Quote due August 1st, 2023
- Emerald ash borer found in Halifax (Tristan)
- Discussion was had around current emerald ash borer present in area of Halifax
- Sue Kelly (Tree Warden) has been advocated to educate resident of presence of emerald ash bore
- Tristan will work with Sue Kelly on message for town
- Property tax message (Tristan)
- Topics to be included:
- Emerald Ash borer education – Tristan to draft
- Halifax email list – Alison to draft
- DV Fiber – David Jones to draft
- Return drafts to email@example.com by July 14, 2023
- Topics to be included:
- Timing of Employee Salary Adjustments and/or Raises
- Tristan made the motion for salary adjustments (shown below) be delayed with understanding that delay will need to be calculated to align with budget. Pete seconded. Passed 4-0.
- Green Mountain Power
- VCLT requires Selectboard to hold a hearing for discussion regarding petition with residents that are contesting trimming from Green Mountain Power
HEARING OF VISITORS
Stephan Chait – Discussed grant regarding beavers. Includes providing Town of Halifax with beaver deceiver but will need to coordinate with Roadcrew Supervisor on appropriate location.
– Treasury Order REVIEWED.
– Moved to adjourn at 7:32pm on July 5th, 2023 by Pete Silverberg. Seconded by Tristan Roberts. Passed 4-0.