OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD
TOWN OF HALIFAX, VERMONT
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
September 21, 2021
7:00 PM at the Halifax Town Office
You can join the meeting here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/203690621
You can dial in using your phone: Number: 1 877 309 2073 Access Code: 203-690-621
Hit *6 to mute and unmute yourself.
If you have never used GoToMeeting, get the app here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/297603557
The Open Meeting Law only guarantees the public’s right to participate in public meetings if they attend in person, but until further notice, the SB remains committed to providing a remote option. Please be aware that we may, consistent with the requirements of the Open Meeting Law, continue with our scheduled meeting even if technical difficulties develop that can’t quickly be resolved.
COVID-19: Masks are strongly encouraged for everyone. If it’s possible you’ve been exposed or are symptomatic, please stay home.
CALL TO ORDER
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
- September 7, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes
- September 9, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes
- September 18, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes [if ready]
- ARPA Funds: Schedule brainstorming session
- Auditor: Update from Patty Dow
- Highway Department: Fabio Carasi – road concerns
- Highway Department: Gravel costs clarification
- Highway Department: Paving projects – whether and how to allocate/use funds
- Highway Department: Road order for October 1 – making sure it’s processed
- Highway Department: Tim Masters – road crew interaction concern
- Job description: Admin Assistant/Secretary (draft description can be found here: https://halifaxvt.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Selectboard-secretary-updated-job-description.pdf)
- Remote option: Two month check-in
- Sodom Road status: Pam Baker
- Recycling: Update on contamination/enforcement/costs
- Purchase policy: Brief review and plan to update (current policy can be found here: https://halifaxvt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Halifax-Purchasing-Policy-Amended-08-16-2016.pdf; VLCT’s model policy will be posted under SB Communication).
- Rules of Procedure Adoption
HEARING OF VISITORS