OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD TOWN OF HALIFAX, VERMONT
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
September 7, 2021
7:00 PM at the Halifax Town Garage – one time location change!
Although the Town Garage offers space for people to comfortably distance, the SB strongly encourages everyone to wear masks and asks anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 or is in any way symptomatic to please stay home – for your health and the health of your neighbors.
You can join the meeting here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/203690621
You can dial in using your phone: Number: 1 877 309 2073 Access Code: 203-690-621
Hit *6 to mute and unmute yourself.
If you have never used GoToMeeting, get the app here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/297603557
Note: The Open Meeting Law only guarantees the public’s right to participate in public meetings if they attend in person, but until further notice, the SB remains committed to providing a remote option. However, please be aware that we may, consistent with the requirements of the Open Meeting Law, decide to continue with our scheduled meeting even if technical difficulties develop that can’t quickly be resolved. Note that, the WiFi signal is even weaker at the Town Garage than at the Town Office. The SB ran a successful test there but our ability to provide remote access is necessarily dependent on the strength and stability of the signal. We therefore encourage people to come in person – and bring a chair!
CALL TO ORDER
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
• August 19, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes
• ARPA – distribution of funds; wish list for spending funds
• Admin Assistant/Secretary: interim coverage, filling positions, job description, compensation
• Agenda – order of business
• Budget planning procedure
• FY 2022 Grant Funding for Municipal Highway and Stormwater Mitigation
• Bob Leete driveway/water concern
• Minutes – detailed vs what is legally required
• Remote meeting technology needs
• Rescue Inc. request for attendees
• Semi-Annual Water Quality Testing for the Halifax Landfill: which wells
• Wineburg land donation
• Post Office location – Q&A with Postmaster Tyson Dix
• Rules of Procedure for SB meetings
• Town website
HEARING OF VISITORS