TOWN OF HALIFAX, VERMONT
SELECTBOARD SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES—APPROVED
May 24, 2022
CALL TO ORDER:
Sumner called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm. Selectboard members present were Lewis Sumner, and Peter Silverberg. Others in attendance in person or remotely were Roza Podlaski, Edee Edwards, Stephan Chait, Doug and Marilou Parkurst, David Jones, and Robin Gabriel.
Discuss Use of ARPA Funds:
$200,000 must be spent by the end of 2026.
Things to take into consideration:
Peter read a list of ideas for use.
Additions were added to the list by town members.
Suggest for people to vote on top items to help determine level of importance.
Important items are bolded.
- Outdoor learning at elementary school/after school activities
- Composting at town garage
- Conduit for low income
- Pay install for low income
- Subsidy for low income
- Conduit at some locations
- Public Wi-Fi hotspots
- Match funded road equipment
- Heat fund
- Improve remote access for all boards and committees/hardware/software
- Improve Town Office furnishings etc. to improve distancing and communication
- Improve HVAC at the school
- Handicapped access to Town office
- Water cooler/fountain for town office
- Upgrade ventilation town office/school
- Local communications via electronic sign
- Digitize land records
- Transfer station/local trash disposal
- Outdoor mail slot for town office
- Energy Efficiency upgrades, HVAC, shades
- Halifax Historical Society
- Generator for Community Hall/warming shelter
- Solar panels at town garage/landfill
The next step will be to take a look at what the bolded items may cost.
HEARING OF VISITORS
Motioned to adjourn meeting (Passed 3-0). Meeting adjourned at 6:58pm
For the Selectboard
Click here to view the recording