Peter Silverberg, Chair
Edee Edwards, Vice Chair
To contact the Selectboard, email the Administrative Assistant at email@example.com, or call (802) 368-7390.
The Town cell phone is 802-258-8072.
The Halifax Selectboard meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Selectboard Finance Committee
The Selectboard Finance Committee consists of:
Selectboard Finance Committee meetings are public. Agendas and minutes of meetings are posted with other Selectboard meetings and agendas below.
Finance Committee Description as approved by the Selectboard 4 April 2023
Title – the title of the committee shall be the Selectboard Finance Committee
Membership – The committee shall consist of at least two members nominated by the Selectboard, with at least one of the committee members being a sitting member of the Selectboard.
Duration – The committee shall be active for a period from the date of its first meeting to the first Selectboard meeting after Town Meeting. It may be extended every year for an additional one-year term by the Selectboard.
Charge – The Finance Committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Assess the Town’s financial policies and recommend changes or additions to the Selectboard
- Review the Town’s quarterly financial statements, received from the treasurer, and make a report to the board on the committee’s assessment of the quarterly financial statements
- Engage with the Treasurer on all matters relating to the town’s financial policies including, but not limited to:
- Accounting policies and procedures
- Financial reporting matters
- Audit findings and recommendations
- Preparation and dissemination of audit reports