For COVID-19 Health and Safety Information go to
RECLASSIFICATION FINDINGS & DECISION, AUGUST 20, 2019
PFC TEST RESULTS–HALIFAX CLOSED LANDFILL AND PRIVATE WELLS
Click on the link below to view test results. Any further documentation will be added as it is received.
ANR PUBLIC NOTICE
(see also, May 2, 2017 Selectboard meeting minutes)
Lately, the Selectboard has been hearing an increasing number of concerns about properties that need some spring cleaning. It has been a long winter, we know, but if the daffodils aren’t covering the STUFF in your yard, you should know this:
1. You may be able to get CASH for your junk vehicles or scrap metal, and other items if you have a tag sale
2. We have two Halifax businesses which offer trash removal services
3. There is an Electronics Recycling event being held to benefit the school on 5/24/2014
4. The Halifax Fire Company, Inc. hosts an annual auction in early July, and they accept donations of salable items
5. Due to changes in the solid waste laws, trash disposal in the future is likely to cost by volume, so clean up now to save
6. The Town of Halifax does have a Junk Ordinance—and we can issue fines of $50 per day if you don’t clean up the property or screen the problem areas from view. See the link for the details.
We know one person’s trash may be another person’s treasure, and that sometimes life can make it difficult to pay attention to the small stuff, but please check out your own “curb appeal.” If you need help, please contact a member of the Selectboard, before we contact you. We will share a basic list of possible service providers for auto salvage or trash removal.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.